Tuesday, January 13, 2015

MLK Lesson Idea

I know many of you are probably started to prepare for MLK, but I thought I would share some lessons I found.
1.     Use a brown egg and a white egg to talk about diversity. Use a Venn Diagram or any other form of graphic organizer.
2.     Use M&Ms the same way as the egg. (They are all chocolate in the center.)
3.     Use speech bubble and have the students write about their dreams.
4.     Have students describe their own color. (This would be a great K descriptive words lesson.) For instance, I am the color of Cheerios!
5.     Have the students use their devices to find pictures that match their dream, then write a description of their dream.

If you would like any help integrating a MLK lesson into your curriculum, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment